At BBG, our business is protecting your business. With claims against companies on the rise, directors and officers insurance is becoming a routine purchase during periods of growth. D&O insurance covers claims arising from the actual or alleged wrongful acts of individual directors or officers, protecting the company as well as its executives.
D&O Insurance Coverage
Business leaders such as directors and officers, carry a considerable amount of responsibility and liability, which make them primary targets when claims are brought against their company. There are a litany of claims that leadership may be exposed to, and those claims typically involve the following:
- Unethical Or Unlawful HR & Employment Practices
- Shareholder Suits Regarding Stock Management/Company Performance
- Fiduciary Duty Mismanagement
- Failing To Adhere To State & Or Federal Laws/Regulations
In the event of a lawsuit brought against the company, D&O insurance may also cover any legal fees and costs associated. Directors & officers insurance cover directors and/or officers employed with either a for-profit business, not-for-profit organization, or an educational institution.
Additional D&O Insurance Benefits
Acquiring d&o insurance provides companies and their leadership financial protection against claims and certain liabilities. Companies which acquire the policy also receive additional values such as:
- Attracting New Directors & Corporate Officers
- Retaining Current Directors & Corporate Officers
- Increased Investments From Venture Capital & Private Equity Firms
These additional benefits which stem from acquiring d&o insurance, are directly correlated to the policy holders ability to minimize their exposure to the risks of doing business in today’s complex marketplace.