The Benefits Intern is responsible for working hand in hand with their assigned renewal manager or marketing analyst to assist with internal administrative duties. This includes, but is not limited to policy confirmations, verification of coverage, data organization and entry and email assistance. Successful candidates will demonstrate a superb work ethic, high level of motivation and strong team working skills by routinely collaborating with all internal teams on specific client needs.
- Prepare and edit spreadsheets and other documents
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Perform policy confirmations with insurance carriers
- Prefill client documents
- Conduct research, assemble and analyze data and complete project-based work
- Assist in the completion of applications and spreadsheets in the absence of renewal manager
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clients and vendors
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken throughout the year
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming communications.
- Answer and manage incoming calls
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have good command of the English language, and the ability to communicate both orally and written.
- Must be proficient with MS Office products
- Ability to operate a variety of office machines, including copier, fax machine, 10-key calculator and computer using standard word processing, spreadsheet and data inquiry software
- Maintain records and files with precision and accuracy
- Rely on experience, resourcefulness and exercise independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- A high degree of creativity is required including but not limited to PowerPoint creation
Education & Training:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 1 year of similar experience preferred
Certificates & Licenses Required:
- Must have valid driver’s license
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard
- The employee is required to be able to walk up three (3) flights of stairs, multiple times per day, on a daily basis
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- Work performed in an office environment
- Daily work performed Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Additional hours may be required on an as needed basis
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Pay commensurate with experience