HR Technology Team – Enrollments & Terminations
The Business Benefits Group, a large, local, independent, full-service brokerage firm is seeking a high energy, supremely organized and efficient Enrollments/Terminations candidate. This position will handle daily contact with our agency’s top clients. The right candidate will possess a strong work ethic, resourcefulness and desire to learn the employee benefits industry.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work for a well-respected and fast paced Insurance Agency and we are looking for Superstars to join our team! Located in historic Fairfax City, Virginia we have built a reputation as “Washington’s Top Employee Benefits Brokers”, “Northern Virginia Magazine’s Top Financial Professionals”, and “Best Places to Work in Insurance” for many years running.
- Answer phones and respond to all calls timely
- Support HR Technology team and co-workers to maintain high level of customer satisfaction
- Assist clients with day to day transactions such as enrollment, terminations and billing for both clients and their members
- Exceptionally timely (within 24 hours) follow-up skills with vendor, clients and insurers to establish completion and/or track pending issues
- Keep up-to-date records of customer interactions and transactions to include details of the client’s inquiries, complaints and comments regarding billing discrepancies as well as logging enrollments and/or terminations processed and retroactive requests
- Obtain bills and contracts, other documentation, from carrier as necessary
- Must be able to understand and communicate clearly a client’s benefit plans including but not limited to Health, Dental, Life, STD, LTD, FSA’s, HSA and HRA’s
- Attend CE classes and seminars to obtain/maintain required Life and Health License
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have good command of the English language, and the ability to communicate in both oral and written formats
- Have a general understanding of workflows and be able to interpret system changes
- Must be proficient in MS Office products
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Must have the ability to learn a variety of online enrollment systems
- Ability to operate a variety of office machines, including copier, fax machine, 10-key calculator and computer using standard word processing, spreadsheet and data inquiry software
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-worker’s clients and vendors
- Maintain records and files with precision and accuracy
- Rely on experience, resourcefulness and exercise independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Education & Training:
- High School Diploma/GED
Certificates & Licenses Required:
- Ability to obtain VA Health and Life Insurance License within 90 days of hire. Company will cover cost for first class and exam.
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard
- The employee is required to be able to walk up three (3) flights of stairs, multiple times per day, on a daily basis
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Work performed in an office environment
- Daily work performed Monday – Friday
- Additional hours may be required on an as needed basis, and during high volume times of the year