The role of employers was made dramatically more difficult in 2020, and 2021 is shaping up to be more of the same.
One of the most complicated subjects facing employers today is COBRA. With the suspension of the normal COBRA timelines in May of 2020, and updated guidelines on eligibility released recently, most employers are still lost when attempting to determine who is truly eligible for COBRA.
To make matters even more complex, the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 announced a 100% COBRA subsidy for eligible participants.
To help make sense of how to manage COBRA in current times, BBG is holding an exclusive webinar with a renowned expert in group insurance compliance – Sarah Borders of Benefits Compliance Solutions.
This one-hour webinar will provide clarity on:
• Who is eligible for COBRA in this new environment
• How long that eligibility lasts
• How to notify plan participants of updated eligibility guidelines
• Who is eligible for a COBRA subsidy
• How the COBRA subsidies will be paid