USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) will release the new version of Form I-9 on August 1, 2023 and employers must begin utilizing this by November 1, 2023. Join us for an in-depth session presented by an I-9 and E-Verify subject matter expert who will cover the form’s changes, including;
– The form has been reduced from 2 pages down to 1 page
– Moved the Preparer/Translator Certification portion to Optional Supplement A
– Section 3 is now a separate page called Supplement B Reverification and Rehire
– Additional Acceptable Receipts have been added to the List of Acceptable Documents
– When employers have to start using this new version
– A major overhaul of the M-274 (Guidance for Employers manual)
– Employers who participate in the new ‘Remote Document Examination’ (RDE), which reduces the burden on employer and employees and support a virtual work environment, must enroll in E-Verify (if not already enrolled)
A question-and-answer session will be conducted at the end of the presentation.
Approved for 1 HRCI & 1 SHRM PDC.
We look forward to seeing you there!