If you are a government contractor working overseas on a Defense Base for the Department of Defense, please read below.
There are five provisions in the current version of the Defense Base Act that prompt coverage:
1. Any employee working on a military base or reservation outside the U.S.
2. Any employee engaged in U.S. Government funded public works business outside the U.S.
3. Any employee engaged in public works or military contract with a foreign government which has been deemed necessary to U.S. National Security
4. Those employees that provide services funded by the U.S. Government outside the realm of regular military issue or channels
5. Any employees of any sub-contractors of the prime or letting contractor involved in a contract like numbers 1 – 4 above
Today, almost any contract involving an U.S. Government agency, whether military or not in nature, requires DBA coverage. As more U.S. and foreign-based corporations, schools and universities enter into relationships with the U.S. Government for a variety of public works projects, DBA coverage is as vital as ever before. We are uniquely qualified to work with you to navigate through this complex area. We have a dedicated claims staff with offices around the world and the ability to respond quickly to any claims falling under DBA.