Small employers and self-employed individuals can find answers to tax questions, educational materials and other tools to help run their businesses in the Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center, available on the IRS website. The site provides important federal tax information for all stages of owning and operating a business.
Among the information and resources available on the website are:
- Small business forms and publications
- Online applications for an Employer Identification Number
- Employment tax information – including federal income tax, Social Security and Medicare taxes, FUTA and self-employment tax
- Tax-related news that could affect your business
- Small business educational events
- IRS videos for small businesses
- A-Z Index for Business, a fast way to find information
Other resources available on the IRS website include a virtual small business tax workshop for learning about federal tax obligations, and a 12-month tax calendar for small business taxpayers with information on general business taxes, IRS and Social Security Administration customer assistance, electronic filing and paying options, retirement plans, business publications and forms, and common tax filing dates.